I love creating cards, but sometimes I want a different look instead of the traditional side open card. Gatefold cards are the answer and they are quick and oh so easy.
Stamps: butterfly, "Happy Day", "Happy Birthday", flowers
Markers: pink, yellow
Pewter photo turn
Punches: 1/16 inch hole
Instructions (courtesy of CardMaker Newsletter)
1. Vertically score an 8 1/2 x 4 1/4-inch piece of pink cardstock 2 1/8 inches from both sides; fold ends toward center to form a 4 1/4-inch-square gatefolded card.
2. Center and adhere a 1 7/8 x 4-inch piece of patterned paper to each front panel.
3. Stamp "Happy Day" onto bottom right corner of a 3-inch square of white cardstock. Center square on front of card 5/8 inch from top edge; adhere to left panel only.
4. Stamp butterfly onto yellow cardstock; cut out and adhere to white square.
5. Punch a 1/16-inch hole in right panel of card 1 1/4 inches from top and 3/8 inch from fold; attach photo turn with mini brad; use photo turn to hold card closed.
6. Inside card: Center and adhere a 4-inch square of patterned paper to card. Ink flower stamp; stamp image onto bottom of white cardstock. Ink "Happy Birthday" stamp; stamp image onto top of white cardstock. Add color with markers, if desired.
Sources: Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned paper (Die Cuts with a View), Ink (Tsukineko), Stamps (Butterfly-Autumn Leaves, "Happy Day"/Flowers-Studio G, "Happy Birthday"-Stampabilities), Photo turn/brad (Making Memories).