Monday, August 30, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Well I actually started posting on Monday and was going to do another Member Monday LOTW pick like I'm supposed to be doing each Monday, but then I got distracted and never finished the post. Our best friends of 10-1/2 years are moving back to California tomorrow :( so I've been very preoccupied with helping them get packed and spending as much time with them as possible before they leave. Tomorrow they will be off and the kids will be back in school, so I will have much more time to devote to this blog and the boards and scrapping in general.

I hadn't done any scrapping in forever until I blasted out a card and a going away present for our friends just a couple days ago, and I think that might've helped get me out of my slump. I actually want to scrap now, which hasn't really happened in awhile. Here is what I did. I decorated a 7Gypsies Artists Printers Tray with photos of our families. As you can see, we were a perfect match with our kids even being the same ages and very close, so it will be very sad to see them go. We know that they will be forever friends though. I have wanted to decorate one of these trays for a long time, but I was feeling very intimidated, but let me tell you that it is so easy. The hardest part was figuring out what papers I wanted to use, but then I dug out this Crate Paper Brook paper from the March (I think) sugar kit and knew that it was what I wanted to use. Then you just gotta cut the papers to fit in the tray and start decorating with whatever items you want. I even finally attempted making a spiral flower like I've admired other people doing for so long. It didn't turn out perfect, and I need to work on it, but I like how it turned out, and my friend was thrilled with it. Also, I'm not sure if you can see the quote I put in one of the spaces. I am not a sappy quote kind of person, but I found one that said, "Make new friends, but cherish the old," and I even had the perfect sticker to use for it, so I was very happy with that. Now I need to get one made for my mother in law that I owed her for her birthday in May, and I think these might be a Christmas present staple this year. :)

Then, I made a card finally using the current August sugar kit, which has been my favorite kit I've put together so far. Just love this Echo Park Walk in the Park paper, and I also put my new Glimmer Mist, which I haven't played with much, to use on the flower. I usually make digital cards that I can just print out, so my friend was surprised to get a card that is "all real" as she put it. And now for some more Scrapdango business. First off, it's been a long time since I've featured a layout from the gallery. My pick for this week is by Krystle. I thought this layout based on the Scrapdango August sketch was just beautiful and a great way to commemorate her anniversary.

and next...


Are You Ready For School's In?

Get out your paper and pens and ruler and get ready for some fabulous challenges and prizes coming your way all September. If you aren't signed up, head over to the board and do it now. If you're not registered with Scrapdango, it's not too late. You will have one week to complete the first challenge, so don't be tardy.

See you all in class.

2 comments:

Lisa Watson said...

The tray is wonderful Heather!!!!

Congrats Krystle on being the member of the week!!! Beautiful LO!!!

LisaM said...

Beautiful work Heather!

Congrats Krystle! Your layout is gorgeous!