Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sandi's November With a Twist Card Challenge

Good morning, everyone!

I wanted to share with you this morning my With a Twist card challenge that is going on all month long over at the site. For this month's card challenge, I'd love for you to make a card using some sort of inking technique. For this card, I applied alphabet stickers to my patterned paper and then rubbed ink all over the paper, covering up the alpha stickers. Next, I peeled them off to reveal the original paper and my greeting. (Look down below for step by step instructions on how to get this same effect.)

You could do something similar or make up something all your own, using standard inks/inkpads or something like Glimmer Mist spray inks - whatever you have to use that is an ink, I'd love to see what you can come up with!

And now... for the TWIST! Use at least 5 stickers on your card somewhere. I used 5 different alphabet stickers to make this card.

You have until the end of the month to complete this challenge. You will need to upload your newly created card to the gallery and link it to this thread to get credit. Completing the challenge will earn one draw towards a prize pack. If you add the twist to your layout, you earn a second draw for the prize pack. At the end of the month, we will do a random draw for a wonderful prize pack from Heather.

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you do!

Instructions:
Ok, the first thing you are going to do is choose some alphabets for your greeting. As you can see, it doesn't matter of they match or not. I used two different alphabets so that the two l's in my greeting would not be the exact same. Stick them down and leave some room, because you are going to ink around them:

Next, choose a coordinating ink color and generously ink over your letters and onto the surrounding patterned paper. I used a Cat's Eye ColorBox chalk ink, but you could use Glimmer Mist, paint, any other kind of ink pad or anything at all you can think of to use as a colorant:

Finally, let everything dry and then carefully peel up your alphabets stickers and discard them. You'll be left with a mask of your greeting and a really great new technique:

When you complete this challenge, make sure to link us up at the site, in this thread.

Happy scrapping!
Sandi

No comments: