Friday, June 3, 2011

Vanessa's Scrap Space

Before my boyfriend Steve and I bought a condo, I had a small corner of our living room to scrap. Part of my motivation to buy a place was to have more scrapping space. Our condo, which we have been in just over a year has 2 bedrooms, so we use the 2nd bedroom as an office/scrapbook room/storage. Here is my side of the room.  Steve chose the colour for this room, and when it first went up I was a bit shocked, but I really LOVE it now! 

First is my desk - I like to sit to scrap, and it works out well because I can just reach to my right for just about everything. I had my sewing machine stored, but it is such a pain to get out, so it lives on my desk for now. Right beside my desk is a set of plastic drawers and on top of them is a mail tray and an Ikea drawer organizer which I use to put all my garbage in (this helps me to clean up as I go)
The tupperware container on my desk holds all of the tools and adhesives that I frequently use (i.e. Corner rounder, circle punches, rulers, pop dots, etc.) and the mini blue tote hold my pens, scissors, and adhesive. This is handy for me because a lot of the time I'm not home when I scrapbook.

 I have drawer dividers in the top 2 of the white plastic drawers. In the top one are all of my punches. The second drawer has die cuts that were separated from their manufacturer, other paper embellishments, jewels/gems/pearls, border strips etc. The bottom two drawers hold iris containers, and kits that I have made up, or paper that isn't the newest but I still want to keep. They are kept in plastic envelopes.  Then there is my colourful drawers and they hold - from the top: extra adhesives, ribbon, glitter, ink, paint, stickers/rubons, chipboard letters, chipboard shapes, cards and envelopes, and 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.

 Then there are my Ikea Expedit shelves. I used to have 2 x 4 cubbies, and have upgraded to the 4 x 4. The old ones are now our TV stand. The bottom row houses all of my albums and magazines. The second row has paper, embellishments (buttons, brads, felt, flowers), photos, and office supplies. I like to house my paper by manufacturer, unless it is Christmas, Valentine's, or Halloween - then it gets its own section. Everyone's main complaint with the Expedit for scrapbook storage is that the Cropper Hopper paper organizers don't fit. All they need is about 1/2 " trimmed off the top and then they fit perfectly.

The orange bins house all of my large tools. My Bind-it-All, Cuttlebug, embossing gun, extra scissors etc. I would also like to start storing scraps in one of them.


Then there is the top row. The silver bins have undecorated mini albums, and rubber stamps. And then I have some cards and my mini albums on display. By having this display shelf, I can enjoy looking at my creations, and also can condense it in the future to make more storage space.


TFL, and I hope this gives you some ideas for your own space.

1 comment:

Heather Lough said...

Wow, how nice and organized that looks. Fabulous!