Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recipe of the Week

Today I thought I would share a recipe with you. I found myself with a LOT of peaches this past week, after my husband and daughter went peach picking. I was looking for some things to make other than pie or crumble. I remembered this apple cake that my mom always made. It's delicious! She made it often when we were growing up, with granny smith apples, but any kind works. It always turns out very moist and delicious!

But this time I used peaches! I reduced the oil a little bit - to 3/4 of a cup, and added a little bit of flour a little less than a 1/4 cup, to compensate for the fact that peaches are less firm than apples and have more water. But I will give you the recipe for apples.

Apple Cake
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
5 to 8 apples cut into small pieces

Preheat oven to 350
Spray bundt pan with non stick spray.
Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.
Mix wet ingredients in large bowl then add dry ingredients mixing well.
Fold in the apples.

Bake in bundt pan for 45 minutes to an hour.


hope you enjoy!
Megan

No comments: