Sunday, January 25, 2009

Challenge # 8 ~ Fabric

One of the things I love to do to my layouts is add a little extra texture. One of the easiest ways to do this is to add some fabric. I have been known to collect pieces of fabric from my daughters clothes and even their toys. I have doilies that I have used on layouts and projects that my Grandmother left me.


On the following layout I used some sheer sparkle fabric that I saved from Paige's Cinderella doll. It is so delicate and pretty and I just knew I had to use it with the Crate papers. These papers are also so elegant and pretty. I used some of the add on Glitter Die Cuts. The flower die cut on the right actually hangs off of the edge but I lost some of it on the scan.


I used a great family photo a friends of mine took last fall. I loved how it seems perfect suited with the Crate and the fabric.



Challenge #8:

I would like to see you use some fabric on a layout or a card. Please email your creation to me at thynner5@yahoo.ca and put Scrapdango Blog Challenge in the subject line. You will earn a ballot for the Maya Mist Duo Pack.



Due Date: January 31st
Draw Date: February 1st



~Tara~

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Looks great Tara and fun idea for texture!!

GinniG said...

Your family's beautiful and so's the LO!!! Great idea!! I'll have to go scrounge up some fabric tho since I don't sew! LOL!

Heather Lough said...

That layout is absolutely beautiful and so is the photo. Love the idea of fabric on a layout. I need to try that.

Scrapdango Monthly Kit Club said...

Love that family photo Tara!